Friday, June 12, 2015

Loving Day


On June 12, 1967 the United States Supreme Court overturned the remaining laws in more than a dozen states that prevented interracial marriage. After Mildred and Richard Loving, a black woman and white man were arrested for entering an an interracial marriage, they fought a tireless battle to make interracial marriage legal for us all. For many, today was just another Friday, but for Tom and I, today marked an important date. I'm always grateful for my husband and I couldn't imagine my life without him, but days like today definitely put everything into prospective and give us another opportunity to celebrate our marriage. 

Happy Loving Day 

4 comments:

  1. It's crazy to think that such a short time ago, inter-racial marriages would be illegal. So glad you shared this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it really wasn't all that long ago and even still, not everyone is this country has the right to marry whom they wish

      Delete
  2. What a great holiday. Like Sarah said, I can't believe that was just in 1967...mind boggling.

    ReplyDelete