Friday, August 29, 2014

Convocation: Back to School

This past Monday was my first day back and the start of a new school year. My university makes a big deal out of convocation and so do I as it ends with an ice cream social. But in all seriousness, it's very important and everyone attends: faculty, students, and staff. We even invite dentists within the community to take part. This years guest speaker was pretty prestigious, the American Dental Association President. He gave a speech emphasizing our role as dentists in society. Something that really stuck out for me is that it is our job as medical professionals to always be learning and to learn to the best of our capabilities. As we are now finished with our basic sciences and the focus turns to dentistry, I really want to strive to do just that. I want to give my patients the best care possible, to accurately diagnose and develop treatment plans. Not only that, I want to educate and inspire those in the community around me. So with that being said, I'm looking forward to a great year! 






What I'm Wearing? 
Dress: Lilly Pulitzer// Sweater: Gap (same cut)// 
Bracelet: Kate Spade// Shoes: Fabulaire// 
Handbag: Kate Spade (similar)// 
Necklace: J Crew Factory (similar)// 
Earrings: J Crew Factory (exact on sale)  





2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous handbag! Thank you for joining Renae & I at Fashion Item Friday! Ax

    http://inmamaswardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress and great colorful fun. Thanks for being at Fashion item Friday, too. Congrats on starting a new year and hope all goes well for you. ♥

    ReplyDelete