Monday, March 21, 2016

weekend things

I haven't been blogging a whole lot as of late, mostly because I've been a little overwhelmed. I'm feeling stressed with having to make more than a few life changing decisions. But this weekend was a nice change of pace, with a chance to relax.
 Here are a few weekend things.  
apartment cleaned + laundry done = a miracle! 
Grocery shopping included buying a new tulip plant. Hopefully, it blooms fully in time for Easter. 
♥♥♥
Popped into Anthropologie because I've been stalking this gorgeous lace blouse since December and it finally went on sale. It was half off, marked down from $118 to $60. Still a little pricey for me, but I had already resolved to buy it when this pleasant surprise showed up in my inbox...
I dropped everything and sprinted over to Anthro to scoop up the blouse for a mere $39! And I'm not even kidding about the sprinting part because Anthro is totally within walking distance...perks of living in the city. Since I'm pretty materialistic, this totally made my weekend.
 Heck, it made my month!  
Also, picked up this jade green planter at Anthro because our window sill garden was out of control. With Sunday being the first day of spring, we used it as an opportunity to tame the overgrown jungle and replant all the succulents, cacti, and flowers. 
the rest of the weekend was spent eating all the bad things like gourmet pizza followed by ice cream
and New England style Mac n Cheese…with lobster on top
hope you all enjoyed the weekend things 
Follow along for more from Making Restorations 

linking up with blovedboston//hellomonday// 

11 comments:

  1. All of that food looks so good. Can never go wrong with Mac and cheese!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new top and totally worth the sprint over! Where did you have Lobster Mac & Cheese that is my weakness!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At home actually! We've been making a ton of seafood lately

      Delete
  3. LOVE that top! So cute & perfect for spring! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It's going to be perfect for spring/summer. I'm a little shocked that it was already on sale. I expected it to be full price through the end of the spring season, but I'm not complaining.

      Delete
  4. $39 for that top?! So cute and seriously what a steal at that price!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. your dinner sounds wonderful!!! Kyle doesn't like seafood so I don't eat it with him and it's a rarity in our house.

    I love your top! Glad you got it for such a steal! I love getting high quality clothes for much cheaper.

    Kyle actually got me an orchid for spring and a just because gift, let's hope I can keep it alive haha. It looks simple enough.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, don't you hate when you love something and your Husband doesn't. Last time Tom went out of town, I wasn't even sad because I filled up my time eating all the things he hates and taking bubble baths. And yes to getting quality items for less. As much as I am in love with this blouse, I never would have paid the original price. Good luck with your orchid. For some reason, it's harder keeping plants alive than pets or people.

      Delete
  6. OMG, that mac n cheese looks divine!

    www.shesleaninginblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love surprise discounts! Kudos for waiting for it to go on sale! All that food looks ah-mazing. Is that buffalo chicken pizza?! Glad you got a chance to rest up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, that blouse is GORG. Love it. So is that planter. Such a beautiful color. I have to stop into Antrho obviously. I'm always so intimidated by their prices (I won't even bother looking online at stuff haha) but I've been told there is a location downtown Chicago that has a killer sale section so I'll have to check that out someday. Also, all that food. Way to do the weekend right, girl.

    ReplyDelete