Saturday, November 17, 2018

simple roasted butternut squash soup

Now that I'm living with Husband full-time, I almost never cook. He is the chef in our house and unlike me, he loves making gourmet meals with all the steps and a zillion different ingredients. I on the other hand, like to keep things simple.
This past week I was feeling under the weather. So much so that I even missed clinic and had them cancel all my patients, which I of course felt so horrible about. Though I think it was best not to share my fever. The only thing I was wanting to eat all week was soup, so I whipped up this easy recipe that is a favorite. 

Ingredients: 
1 butternut squash 
2 sweet potatoes 
olive oil
garlic 
pepper 
salt
8oz coconut milk 
pumpkin seeds to top 

Directions: 
Wash, peel, and chop up squash and sweet potatoes. Place in pan & drizzle with olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt for taste. 

Roast squash and sweet potatoes in oven at 425 until softened, roughly 45 minutes

Add roasted vegetables to blender, along with coconut milk. Blend until smooth and serve. Top with pumpkin seeds and serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment