Monday, May 13, 2019

Doctorate of Dental Medicine

Let's just take a moment and talk about this for a second because you guys, I have a doctorate degree! 

The moment that I was "hooded" with my doctorate of dental medicine was absolutely and unequivocally the proudest moment of my life. From my school girl days of playing with Dentist Barbie to my first dental internship in high school to the decade of college and graduate school that have led up to this moment, I have never not been actively working towards this goal. It's still not quite sinking in yet that I'm done and I'm not even sure what to do with myself now that I have finally reached my goal. Well, I mean obviously, I'll be a dentist now of course. But I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that the struggling and hustling and suffering is over. I don't even know how to function without burden or stress as this has undoubtedly been the longest journey and for the most part, it wasn't a pleasant one. College to me was just a stepping stone to dental school where I spent my days taking the most challenging science and medical courses, volunteering nonstop, all while working full time to support myself. Dental school itself was one to the worst (and best) times of my life. I never knew it was possible to cry so much or work so hard only to feel like a failure, yet still show up for more day after day. But I can honestly say that no one has quite wanted this like I have. And the fact that I'm finally done with chapter is really the end of an era.  

I'm officially Dr. Schneider!

No comments:

Post a Comment