Thursday, August 1, 2019

living my best life

Oh, Hello There! 
And happy August. I managed to disappear from this space once again with not blogging during the past month. You will have to please just excuse me as I was out and about living my best life!
The Amalfi Coast: Positano Italy

After our June multi-country trip through Europe, we came back home to the states for about a week. We visited my parents and in-laws, then stopped through our apartment just long enough to unpack, do laundry, and repack before we headed off on a second European trip...this time to Italy. Basically, I'm living my travel dreams right now. And it has been the craziest and busiest time (hence the disappearing act), but also more wonderful than I could have imagined. 

Making the conscious decision to take the summer off after finishing up grad school, before jumping right into the work force has proved to be the best decision. It's hard to explain the intensity that is getting a medical-based doctorate degree. For years and years and years, I felt like I never had a moment to myself. It got to the point, where showering and sleeping weren't always luxuries that fit into the schedule. But enough about the stress that was graduate school, because that phase is over now. 

As a quick update, we are finally back home, which may be a bit confusing because I'm still sharing Italy photos in my instastories. The daily effort of compiling photos from my phone, husband's phone, the camera, the GoPro, etc. after a full day of sight-seeing just became too much effort. Instead I chose to be present in the moment and stopped posting in real time. So I am finishing up sharing now. In the meantime, I have months and months worth of content to share and catch up on with all these adventures so I look forward to spending a lot more time in this space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment