Monday, February 10, 2014

Subtle in Polka-Dots

My husband teases me that he can't go into my closet because it's so bright. And he is right-my clothes are literally a rainbow of color. Oh yea and I guess the fact that the walls of my closet are painted bright pink doesn't help. But the truth is that, I really don't like anything plain or boring when it comes to my clothes. I love color and I love expressing that through what I wear. Clothing with bright textures, patterns, and bright colors are my passion. In fact, I have to make a concerted effort to put neutrals into my wardrobe. One of the ways that I found is a good way to tone things down a bit is through stripes and polka dots. To me these are classic patterns that will always be in style. So while some people may  think this outfit is a bit loud or attention grabbing, for me this subtle. 


Coat: J Crew Factory Metro Coat
Wristlet: Dooney & Bourke
Tights: Hue
Heels: Tahari Collette Pump 


Dress: Forever 21 Polka Dot Dress
Cardigan: Kohl's Apt.9 Cashmere 


I love this dress. Not only is it covered in polka dots-but they are sewn instead of being printed. Pattern and Texture=perfection. I don't often shop at places like Forever 21 because I prefer to invest in quality pieces that I think will last. However, this dress is fully lined, machine washable, and gorgeous. Not to mention, it fits me well and I can easily wear this dress during every season. So at the $30 price tag, I was willing to take the risk and I snagged it.

P.S. The post that I shared with you all today is of an outfit from a few weeks back, but you can expect my outfit posts for the rest of this week to be Valentine's day inspired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment