Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Boring Professional

As a woman entering a career where professional attire is expected, I've had to learn how to dress a certain way. I traded in my mini skirts for pencil skirts and eliminated all of those oh so revealing tops. Like many, I intially thought that a plain black suit with a white button-up shirt was the way to go, but oh the times they are a changing. I've learned that dressing professionally doesn't have to mean being boring. And thank goodness too because who the hell wants to wear black, navy, and beige everyday?



In the setting that I'm in, I encounter patients and doctors on a regular basis. I am expected to be in business casual attire. Now, I know that this particular ensemble may be a bit bold, but that's just my personality. And I've realized that it's possible to have a colorful, pattern popping, texture filled, yet professional wardrobe in the medical world.


What I'm Wearing?
Blouse: Ann Taylor Outlet|| Pencil Skirt: Old Navy (exact)||
Blazer: Ann Taylor (similar)|| Tights: Hue (exact)|| 
Earrings: J Crew Factory (exact on sale)|| Necklace: J Crew Factory|| Bracelets: J Crew Factory (exact on sale)|| Pumps: Tahari






There are situations where adding in such pops of color or patterns may not be appropriate, but at least every once in a while, it's good to have some fun!
 

Linking up with WIW

No comments:

Post a Comment