Friday, February 3, 2017

Life Lately: January

What a month this was, thanks to kicking off the New Year in Barcelona…then rushing back to the States to make it back in time for the start of the semester. 
After my whirlwind December, I was really hoping to slow things down a bit and make January a more restful month. I was being naive. January was anything, but restful. Mainly because school is taking over my life lately. Part of this is being genuinely busy, but if I'm honest, there's also been some procrastinating in there too. I'm also realizing that my body needs more time off and more rest than it used to :( Admitting this is one thing, but figuring out how to slow things down is a bit more complicated. And while I did get a chance to meet up with husband in New York and managed to lose 8 pounds (crazy right?) in January, I'm really hoping to infuse even more life balance into February. Basically, I want to plan ahead and be more productive consistently so that I don't end up with entire periods of time where I'm putting my life on hold to compensate for grad school. Overall, January was a good month with a lot of amazing memories created, but there were also too many things done at the last minute. 

Hoping February goes a little bit smoother. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand needing that extra time to rest. YAY for losing 8 lbs!

    ReplyDelete