Friday, August 18, 2017

summer clothing budget

I'm not even sure that budgeting bloggers is a thing anymore as it seems our hostess has abandoned us mid-year. Regardless, I still want to keep sharing my budget purchases here because it's a good form of accountability. 
And I was pleasantly surprised to see that I only made a few strategic purchases this summer that carried me through. Add in the fact that I have a few birthday gift cards and found some amazing sales and I didn't do too badly. All my purchases from July & August are below. 


sam edelman scalloped flats Original $110 on Sale for $51 + 15% off = $43
I've desperately needed a new pair of black flats, but buying black shoes is so so so boring. Finally, found a pair with enough flair to them. 

sam edelman scalloped d'Orsay flats Original $110 + 29% off = $78 
Can't believe these have dropped even more in price since I bought them.These have been my go-to fancy pants shoes all summer long. Love that I can add these to any outfit and I'm instantly dressed up. I'm also obsessed with this version, even if they are a bit pricey. 
j crew metallic clutch Original $50 + 20% off = $40 - $25 gift card = $15 
This bag is available in several sizes and I grabbed it in the largest size. Perfect date night clutch.

anthro peplum pocket tank Original $38 + 20% off = $30 X 2 = $60 - gift card = $0
Love this top so much that I bought it in two colors, white and coral. You can see them both styled here

Total $136

Technically, I bought more then this as the husband and I are currently on an Alaskan Cruise, so I actually picked up several items for our Alaska trip this summer too, but I packed in such a hurry that everything just went into my suitcase with tags & all. I'll figure out what's getting kept from there and share those in my next budget update. In the meantime, I think I'm doing pretty well with staying within/under budget for the year. 


Budget for the Year: $1800
Summer Clothing Budget $136
remaining for the year $1,132


2 comments:

  1. What a great deal on those flats and they are so cute too! I love finding deals and rarely will purchase anything if it's not on sale. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely agree. There's no sense in buying anything full price when it will be on sale two weeks later anyway

      Delete