Saturday, June 24, 2017

older & wiser

I love birthdays, I always have. 
The idea that every person has a special day-all their own. Over the years, I've been so focused on the fun of celebrating birthdays that I hadn't really noticed how much older I was actually getting. But I recent marked my 28th birthday and for some reason, this one felt like a milestone. It was the first time in a long time that I've really reflected on the decisions I've made these last 28 years and how they'll impact my future. But more than ever, I felt my age this year. I had grand plans to visit Martha's Vineyard, but ultimately decided against it and decided to relax and catch up on sleep in lieu of going on some grand adventure. I have this contest fear of missing out, but in this case catching up on self-care was so much more important. It feels like I've completely shifted my focus of where I want my future to go and what what I hold most important as I gotten older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment