Sunday, July 22, 2018

will I finish my 101 things in 1001 days list?

I've been steadily working through my 101 in 1001 list over the past couple of years and sharing updates as I go. I really set some big goals with my list...like visiting 3 new countries and finishing up my doctorate degree. No small feats. 

But the reality of it all is that, as I'm looking at my list and the few months that I have to accomplish it, I'm realizing that some things definitely will not get done. 
***
Some of the ones on my list that worry me are simply a matter of geography. Tom and I just made an unexpected big move with leaving the Boston area this summer, so some of our goals associated with the North like #7. visiting the Adirondacks in New York or #17. hiking mount katahdin in Maine probably won't be happening. In all fairness, we had a trip to the Adirondacks planned that had to be cancelled due to weather and tried to hike mount katahdin, but couldn't secure a permit. So, at the very least, we gave these an honest go. But there are some, I just completely forgot about. Like #65. creating an amazing outdoor space. I had imagined I would do up the balcony at my current apartment, but never got around to it. And now it makes no sense to bother with this one since I'm moving out of there this summer. But our new loft apartment doesn't have a personal outdoor space (not complaining since we have a dock with kayaks instead), which means that #65 is a definite no-go. Other goals, there simply won't be time for. We had hoped to have a vow renewal for our 5 year anniversary coming up, but I don't see how we could possibly make that work with our current schedules. Maybe for a 10 year anniversary? Also, not seeing when I'm going to have time for #85. run a half marathon. Granted, I have until May 2019 to finish out my list, but also have to keep in mind everything happening with grad school between now and then. Who knows? Maybe, more of these will get completed than I think, but I'm definitely wondering about a few of them. Guess we will just have to just wait and see and work towards as many of these as we can. I'll have another update on my progress on this list next month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment