Thursday, October 11, 2018

a peek at our place

Since signing the lease for our apartment together back in July, a lot has happened. I left the country twice ✌🏾, sat for a portion of my licensing exam, and spent my summer quite literally drowning in work. So decorating wasn't exactly at the top of my to-do list. 
Over the summer, I only spent weekends at our new place since I was still finishing up one last term at the dental school. Finally, right at the end of September, I was able to move here permanently with starting my rotations. Now that I'm here on a daily basis, we have been able to make some real headway so I thought I'd share a peek at our place while it's in progress. Here are some snaps all from my iPhone for now until this place is ready for a full blown apartment tour. 

Our biggest problem with getting things settled has been consolidation. Because we lived apart in a long distance relationship for so long, we have way too much stuff. Double of everything. And our new place is smaller than either of our individual apartments had been. How did this happen? Well, space is the sacrifice that we are making to be able to live right downtown on the waterfront. We've been selling what we could and donating what we couldn't. But there is still stuff everywhere. It's been a slow tedious process, but this place is finally coming together. I can't wait to show off the finished product with an official apartment tour soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment