Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, mine was spent with my husband and inlaws. The holiday officially started for me when dental school ended on Tuesday evening. I planned to make the 5 hour drive to my inlaws Wednesday morning, but the threat of snow (my inlaws live in the mountains) pushed me to leave earlier than expected. My amazing hubby had flown into an airport about 2 hours from his parents home. He was worried about me having to drive in the mountains at night so insisted that his parents not pick him up from the airport as planned. Instead he waited there for an additional 3 hours while I drove to the airport. Then he drove the rest of the way to our parents home. How sweet is he? 


I'm glad that I left early because the next morning, we woke up to this winter wonderland


But we were able to keep nice and toasty with hot coffee and fresh blueberry scones! 


Not a bad thing to have it snow over Thanksgiving since the break allowed for plenty of time to ski, go sledding, and build snowmen. I would like to formally introduce Gigantor...our 7 foot snowman. 

I'm wearing Tom's old snow clothes from when he was 12
and they are still a little big on me!



And it turned out to be the perfect time for a day date, we headed off to a near empty movie theater to see Mockingjay Part I the latest installment in the Hunger Games movie series. I definitely recommend. 


And we arrived home just in time for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner. Mom knows how much I love seafood so we had a dinner of Spicy California rolls and King Crab legs. So delicious...


Most of Thanksgiving Day was spent sleeping in. Once awake, us girls decided to do some holiday crafts. 


My MIL found and organized this great craft for us and I may be a bit biased, but I think that ours is even better than the magazine. 



A Thanksgiving Card from Hubby!


A beautiful golden table for Thanksgiving dinner! 



Mom's famous Cranberry Orange Garnish...Tastes better each year!



A Plateful of Food 

The rest of the evening was spent playing 7 Wonders, if you've never played you are missing out. 




Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment