Thursday, November 6, 2014

October in Review

Well another month has ended and it seems to me like it completely flew. I seriously can't believe that it's well into November already. I wanted to just step back and take a minute to reflect on all that I did this past month. 


Tons of time spent outside with my baby, enjoying the remnants of summer and the coming of autumn. We took so many long walks amongst the falling leaves. But no matter how many miles were walked, he was always up for going to the dog park after and playing with new toys when we returned home. I wish I had that kind of energy. 


October also meant that it was National Dental Hygiene Month. I honored it by hosting my first giveaway! Thank you to everyone who helped me to celebrate by participating. I'll announce the winner of the sonicare toothbrush later this week. 


And sorry, but I'm not sorry for the sheer amount of times I wore this vest during the month of October (as in every week), see details on my favorites here and here.


I also spent a lot of time trying so many delicious Fall recipes involving pumpkins, squash, and sweet potatoes. I love the taste of Fall! I may have gone a little overboard with the pumpkin puree as I made pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin waffles, and even pumpkin quesadillas. But don't worry, I didn't let all those yummy treats go to my waist line as I managed to lose 8.6 pounds this month. 



And I am so fortunate that my school gives us a week long Fall break every October. For me, this meant a week in Boston visiting with the hubby. Anytime spent together is time well spent, plus we packed in a few really amazing dates. 


We spent so much time outdoors enjoying the beautiful fall weather while exploring the city of Boston. 


This trip was extra special for me because I had the opportunity to go to campus with Tom and see him teach. He is just so patient and kind with his students. He really is going to be a great professor and researcher. I am so proud to be his wife. 





We saw our first broadway show together and I think that we picked the best one to see!


Then hubby came to visit me and we celebrated Halloween together for the first time in years. Would you believe me if I told you that husband and I have never done a couples costume together? This one was cute and inexpensive to put together so we rolled with it...Minnie & Mickey Mouse.


Thank you October for being so incredibly
 wonderful. I miss you so much, hoping 
November is even half as good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment