Monday, May 4, 2015

NIAGARA FALLS!

the bucket list just got shorter.....
We made it to Niagara Falls! 
It's a place that I've wanted to see my entire life. 
AND
We finally did it!
Niagara is always amazing, but I think that we picked the best time of year to go. We visited right after the Winter Thaw. With all the melted ice, the Falls had the most volume and power that they will all year, making them even more impressive!  
We saw both the New York and Canada sides. If you ever decide to go, make sure to bring your passport because the Canadian side is the most impressive. Tom and I both agree that our absolute favorite activity was the Skylon Observation Tower on the Canadian Side. You take that little yellow outdoor elevator up to the top for a great 360 degree view. 
It was the perfect way to start off our day...a brisk Spring morning with the BEST view. 
Add Maple Flavored Lattes into the Mix and you can't go wrong! 
From the observation tower, we could see all three sets of waterfalls that make up Niagara: the Bridal Veil Falls, the American Falls, and the Horseshoe Falls. 
Then we headed to the Niagara Falls Parkway. It's the most beautiful stretch right by the Falls. I loved going for a morning jog here at sunrise (even though it was freezing!) 

We also Journeyed Behind the Falls
with 19 million gallons of water above our heads 
it's the best spot to get a close up view and to get wet! My curls were a sopping wet mess by the end of the day, but totally worth it! 
And we took the famous AeroCar ride across the Great Gorge. I can't believe this ride started 100 years ago. We know that it's safe now, but braving this a century ago probably wasn't a good idea. 

Then again neither was tightroping across the cables...although Henri thought differently
I definitely wouldn't want to fall it that water...It is so powerful that it forces itself to turn around!
And when the day was all said and done...we returned to our Falls View room to enjoy Maple Flavored Beer and wait for the sun to set over the illuminated Falls! Tom was pretty much camped out by this window anytime we were in the room. 
Can you blame him? 
Niagara Falls is beautiful in any light 

Sunset>>>Night>>>Sunrise! 
I think that we experienced Niagara Falls in every way possible. Heck, we even took a helicopter ride above! 
The only thing we didn't do was climb into a barrel and go over the Falls! Husband was up for it, but he got vetoed. I still can't believe that people ever did that>
Learning about Niagara's formation, history, and preservation was better than we ever could have imagined. 

Thank you Niagara Falls for an amazing experience!

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are so gorgeous! Sounds like such an amazing trip! I also looove your herringbone vest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The aerocar is the most underhyped attraction at Niagara Falls. I'm so glad that I finally found someone who can agree how awesome it actually is. Anyways, I look forwards to my next trip to Niagara and I hope that you will continue to spread they joy of the aerocar.

    Norman Hawkins @ GoByBus Coach Travel

    ReplyDelete