Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Havana-Day 4

Our last day in Havana. 
I feel myself getting upset all over again. It's been nice to blog about our time in Cuba because it's been allowing me to relive the entire experience, but now I have to relive our last day there. And I don't want to. Is it possible to be homesick for a place that's not your home? Because that's how I feel about Cuba. 
met a friend on the way to breakfast 
she was begging me for cuddles, how could I say no? 
 then at breakfast....

I made yet another friend. We can't have a cat at home because Tom is allergic so I was thrilled by all these little exchanges 
We decided to spend out last morning in Havana taking in more history at The Revolution Museum. 
I hate to say it, but the exhibits weren't the greatest, so the best part of the museum was the building itself. 
checking out some to the fighter planes used 
 After the museum, we walked the now familiar streets of Old Havana one last time. 
And we had to stop at the Cigar Factory. 
 Neither of us smoke, but hey-it's Cuba. So we picked up some Cuban Cigars to bring home. 
And just like that it was time to catch a plane home. Even though we only had a few short days here, I can honestly say that I fell in love with this place. The people here have so little, but gave to us generously. People and places and history like this is the best part of traveling. Cuba was a world very unlike my own, but I loved every minute it and feel so grateful that I had a chance to be immersed in this culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment