Wednesday, December 19, 2018

an "away" rotation for the holidays

Today is the last official day of the semester! Unfortunately, these past few weeks have been just a little bit rough thanks to being on a true away rotation. 
I've been spending my mornings studying before heading off to a full day at the dental clinic and then returning to my little room to study more. It's a little depressing to say the least. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the clinic that I'm currently at and the cases that I'm doing. But after being apart for so long and then getting into the groove of living together, it has been extra difficult to be away from my husband and my puppy and my bed. Oh, how I miss my bed. If I'm willing to make the 8 hour round trip, I can always go home for the weekend, but I'm on my own during the week. So, I'm very much looking forward to this holiday break for time at home. Not to mention that we are headed off to visit Europe and Africa. Nothing rejuvenates my soul quite like a good adventure. And I will need it to get through 4 more weeks of this away rotation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment