Thursday, May 7, 2020

one year after graduating

With the constant upheaval in the world, I almost didn't even realize that is has been a year since I graduated from dental school and officially became a doctor! It's a little crazy to think about since this has been a life long dream and I am now living out that dream every single day.
I have very distinct memories early on of playing with dentist barbie and looking forward to my orthodontics appointments for braces. I knew I wanted to be a dentist at a very young age. In high school, I gave myself the freedom to explore other career options, but ultimately came back to dentistry and got my first job in a dental office when I was just 17. I have always known that this is what I wanted to do with my life and it is even more satisfying for me than I could have imagined. Dental school, and in particular, the dental school that I attended was very difficult. I wasn't supported and was even harassed and discouraged. It was definitely one of the worst periods of my life. I'm so thankful that I had such a strong foundation and passion for this field, because the process of becoming a dentist was miserable for me, but I knew that if I could just persevere, it would be worth it. And it so very much is. As much as I struggled and suffered with the process of becoming a dentist, my education is my most valuable possession because it allows me to do what I love every single day. So when I look back on the years of sacrifice, the pounds gained from stress eating, the tears cried-I have to say that I would do it all over again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment