Sunday, June 22, 2014

Switching to Mac

My husband and I have a running joke with the punch line being "you struggle", meaning that things that should be relatively simple or effortless are often difficult for me. And my sensitive skin is no different. At the slightest sign of stress I break out in hives and I doubt that you know anyone who has been diagnosed with sun poisoning more than me. Seriously, all this melanin does absolutely nothing to protect me from the sun! 

When it comes to the make-up department, my sensitive skin really inhibits me. This is especially true with drug store brands as many of them have caused me severe breakouts. Even when I do find something that works for my sensitive skin, I often have trouble finding the right shade for my skin tone. As an African American I feel that many make-up companies don't carry a large variety of shades in darker ranges. Regardless, I was determined to find a foundation that would work well for me and in the past year I have tried everything from Bare Minerals to Lancome. The only thing that I really discovered during all of this is that I prefer liquid foundation to powder. Otherwise, I hadn't made any real progress. That's when I decided to head into a Mac Store. 



I was matched at NC50, though this shade only works for me in the Studio Fix and not in the Pro Longwear foundation. Every time I use it, I feel like a professional has done my make-up. It doesn't just cover up my blemishes, it blends into my skin. I can't even express how pleased I am with Mac facial products. The best part is the change that Mac has had on the composition of my skin. It's smoothed out and has added moisture. This is in part because I'm not only using the Studio Fix foundation and concealer, but also the Mac Matte Creme Matifiante. Even when I don't wear make-up, I use this product and it has replaced a lot of my other facial care items. I have been using Mac foundation for a few weeks now and I'm so thankful that I made the switch. 

2 comments:

  1. I switched to MAC this year. I am now completely obsessed. I love it. Great post x
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon, it is awesome. No turning back and I'm looking forward to exploring more Mac

    ReplyDelete