Friday, June 1, 2018

a year of treating patients

And just like that, it’s June, which made me realize that I’ve been treating patients for a little over a year now. Some days I feel like an actual dentist, like yesterday when I did a perfectly filled root canal. Then there are days like today where my pediatric patient has a total meltdown to the point where I have to delay treatment. 

The closer I get to finishing out dental school, the more stressful and difficult it becomes. There is a constant internal struggle oscillating between “I’ve got this” and “what the heck am I doing”?  But I'm just taking it one day at a time, learning and doing as much dentistry as I can. And in the meantime, procedures and patient interactions that used to terrify me have been progressively easier and I'm moving on toward mastering more and more difficult procedures. Now, only 336 days until graduation to learn and do as much as I possibly can. So thankful for the patients that are allowing me to work and learn from them during this process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment