Monday, June 25, 2018

Biking Martha's Vineyard

One of my absolute favorite ways to explore a new city is by bike. How could I not love that feeling of the wind in my hair and the prettiest sights coming into view? And with Martha's Vineyard being so picturesque, ferrying over with our bikes was a no brainer, especially since Husband just attached this pretty new bike basket to my bike.
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 1
 Biking though the Vineyard was at the tippy top of my wish list, so on our first morning in Martha's Vineyard, we hopped on our bikes and pedaled our way through scenic Edgartown. 
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 2
passing by this pretty New England beach on our way into town makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 3
Could we have picked a more perfect place to spend the morning? I mean look at these homes 
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 4
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 5
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 6
P.S. I managed to snap all these pics with my clunky DSLR while biking without falling off-I'm pretty impressed with myself 
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 7
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 8
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 9
Our first official stop once we got into town had to of course be the Edgartown Lighthouse 
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 10
Right on the Water
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 11
I spy a girl in pink and a lighthouse coming into view on the left. 
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 12
 Haha, Tom snapped this candid of me because I kept stopping to take pictures of all the flowers
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 13
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 14
having too much fun at the lighthouse!
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 15
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 16
 Biking onto Main Street in search of some lunch...
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 17
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 18
but first...had to make a stop at a few of my favorite shops 
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 19
 with the prettiest flower boxes 
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 20
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 21
makingrestorationsblog biking Martha's Vineyard 22
I cannot believe all this time that we have been in the Boston area, this place was right at our fingertips---just a ferry ride away. So glad we finally managed to make time to spend a few days in the most charming place on Earth. I want to relive this time and this bike-ride especially again and again. 
linking up with weekending// 

2 comments:

  1. The vineyard is the most perfect place to explore by bike! I wish I was better at riding them LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now you have good reason to learn, so you can teach your little one

      Delete