Friday, June 29, 2018

june 2018//

Happy Friday---the last one in June! I cannot believe how fast this month just flew right on by. I think that I can chalk that one up to being out of town every single weekend this month. 
making restorations blog June 2018// 1June was filled up quickly with studying, biking Martha's Vineyard, volunteering, hiking to a secluded beach, entering the last year of my twenties with celebrating my 29th birthday, seeing my baby sister graduate, recognizing the importance of the time that I've spent treating patients and loving every minute of it, and being surprised by a new car. Plus so much more. And now I'm headed off tomorrow on a medical dental mission trip in the Dominican Republic! 
making restorations blog June 2018// 2
But first, I want to look back on this amazing month I've had. 
An obvious highlight of June was spending a long weekend in Martha's Vineyard
making restorations blog June 2018// 3
making restorations blog June 2018// 4
the best breakfast I've had all month! 
making restorations blog June 2018// 5
Got to celebrate my little sister this month with seeing her graduate from high school as a summa cum lade. 
Proud Big Sister Moment 
making restorations blog June 2018// 6
making restorations blog June 2018// 7
I had these Vans (her favorite shoes) custom painted for her since she is already full of school spirit and ready to go off to college at the University of Florida 
making restorations blog June 2018// 8
stocking up on new exercise gear + there is no happier feeling in the world than finishing a workout
making restorations blog June 2018// 9
birthday biking in Martha's Vineyard 
what a way to kick off the last year of my twenties
making restorations blog June 2018// 10
beach days that I couldn't get enough of
making restorations blog June 2018// 11
making restorations blog June 2018// 12
New England Beaches = wearing a sweater over your swimsuit 
making restorations blog June 2018// 13
After going MONTHS without seeing Tom, I was thankful to have lots of time together just the two of us...hiking to secluded beaches 
making restorations blog June 2018// 14
plus the most romantic dinner on the water 
making restorations blog June 2018// 15
We're always finding ways to have the most fun together 
making restorations blog June 2018// 16
early morning wake-ups all month long...this guy wasn't a fan 
making restorations blog June 2018// 17
I made time to do a few fun DIY projects this month as apart of my sister's graduation gifts 
making restorations blog June 2018// 18
See my instructions for this DIY cap and mortarboard gradation gift box 
This was seriously a big hit 
making restorations blog June 2018// 19
Tom and I definitely spoiled her with lots of fun gifts for the future Gator! 
making restorations blog June 2018// 20
Loving my Boston days with this favorite guy
making restorations blog June 2018// 21
Classic Boson riding the Swan boats 
making restorations blog June 2018// 22
Also, my other favorite guy is just a little bit furry
making restorations blog June 2018// 23
 I earned the lighthouse badge on my FitBit for hiking 50 floors....
making restorations blog June 2018// 24
while actually hiking a lighthouse. Ha!
making restorations blog June 2018// 25
Remembering this cutest hotel that we stayed in on Martha's Vineyard 
making restorations blog June 2018// 26
making restorations blog June 2018// 27
this place was so worth the splurge for my birthday 
making restorations blog June 2018// 28
Emergency clinic days extracting teeth  making restorations blog June 2018// 29
Plus nights spent at the dental school setting teeth for dentures...there was just as much working as there was playing this month 
making restorations blog June 2018// 30
fun colorful outfits to match the fun colorful scenery 
making restorations blog June 2018// 31
 and a little birthday shopping at a few of my favorites, how picturesque is this Lululemon?
making restorations blog June 2018// 32
Also any recommendations on what to do with this crazy guy are welcome
making restorations blog June 2018// 33
Being surprised....with a new car! About that, I still can't get over this craziness.making restorations blog June 2018// 34
The most fun I had in dental school this month...volunteering with the Girl Scouts helping them earn their dentistry merit badge.
making restorations blog June 2018// 35
Road-tripping with my favorite little companion who is so flexible and happy to travel with us
making restorations blog June 2018// 36
but if we ever have to leave him behind, he always gets the best care with being dropped off at doggie daycare to play with all his friends
making restorations blog June 2018// 37
 I love this pup too much not to spoil him 
making restorations blog June 2018// 38
My last few moments in Martha's Vineyard...it was so hard to say goodbye, but it's even harder to see this month end.
making restorations blog June 2018// 39
Thankfully, I get to end June in the best possible way with heading off on a mission trip to provide dental care for the people of the Dominican Republic. 
making restorations blog June 2018// 40
June, you have been exactly what I needed after having such a rough time in May. I'm all about balance in life and you were the best dose of learning and doing all the things in dental school, plus making lots of time for myself. 
liking up with fridayfavorites//

1 comment:

  1. What a great month for you! I love all of the celebrating and travel adventures you had. Safe travels on your mission trip and can't wait to hear about it! Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete