Friday, June 8, 2018

friday favorites 06.08.18

Today is the best Friday ever because it's my B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y! Since it has been a while since I shared a Friday Favorites, I thought today of all days deserved one because I have so much extra to be grateful for this week. Also, I've really missed these weekly favorites but took a break away last month because May 2018 was so tough for me.
 Every Friday, I would try to think of the best parts of my week, but the only favorite thing was that it was over. Of course that wasn't true, but I was having a hard time having a positive attitude towards life. Thankfully, June is treating me so much better and I'm starting to get back to my old self. 

Birthday + Martha's Vineyard 
I'm spending my birthday weekend in Martha's Vineyard! I took today off (like a real dentist-no work on Fridays:) and am headed to Boston to see Husband for the first time since Easter. From there, we have plans to ferry over to Martha's Vineyard for a relaxing bday weekend. 

Workouts
As you can see above, I'm back on track with my workouts after having gained so much stress weight last month. I've actually been working out everyday so far in June. I'm definitely sore, but feeling good. 

Volunteer 
I had a fun day last Saturday volunteering with the sweetest little girls and helping them earn their Girl Scout Dentistry Badge. Never ever have I had so much fun volunteering and it was amazing to work with our next potential generation of female dentists. 

First Root Canal 
If you think getting a root canal sounds scary, imagine being the person on the other end of things--doing the root canal and making sure that everything turns out well. It's nerve-racking. But I did my first root canal therapy on a patient in dental school and it was a big success. Can't wait to share more on this in a day in the life of a dental student.

Summer Travel Planning
I've started looking at our summer schedule and it is completely insane. In between all the craziness, I'm hoping to squeeze in as many little weekend getaways as possible over the summer. 


happy friday! 
linking up with friday favorites//

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Happy birthday. Have the best time with hubby in Martha's Vineyard!

    ReplyDelete