Sunday, January 25, 2015

Quinoa, Snap Peas, & Feta Cheese

I love love love to bake, which would suggest that I like to cook too. Well I don't, I hate it. So while it seems that I have shared several recipes with you for some of my favorite sweet treats, I haven't shared as many dinner recipes. Lately, I have been trying to spice things up and experiment with more options at home. I've recently fallen in love with quinoa and have been incorporating it wherever I can. Here is my recipe for quinoa salad. And the best part is that you could easily adapt this to include any veggies that you please. 



Ingredients: 
1 and 1/2 cups cooked quinoa 
1 large tomato diced 
1/2  cup cooked brown rice 
1/4 pound sugar snap peas 
1/4 cup olive oil 
3 tbsp white wine vinegar 
feta cheese 

Directions: 
1. Boil and drain quinoa. 
(Sometimes I choose to use pre-flavored quinoa, sometimes not-it's up to you.) 
2. Boil and drain brown rice 
 3. Boil snap peas until bright green. Drain and cut into diagonal sections 
4. Dice tomato 
5. Mix olive oil and white wine vinegar in a bowl. 
6. Add veggies and quinoa to olive oil vinegar mixture and toss. Sprinkle with a desired amount of feta cheese. 

Eat Clean! 

No comments:

Post a Comment