Friday, April 14, 2017

ciao cinque terre

After landing in Milan, Cinque Terre was our first official stop on our European Adventure. And I was immediately kicking myself for not having gotten here sooner. Because this wasn't my first trip to Italy, nor was it my second. It was my third and I have no idea what took me so long. But thankfully, it was my little sisters first trip to Italy, and Europe in general which gave me a whole new perspective with seeing this place through her eyes. 
I actually was a little worried that it wouldn't be the picturesque place I dreamed because we were visiting during winter,  just a few days after Christmas actually. But the fact that it was Christmas actually made Cinque Terre more magical as all the towns were lit up with festive holiday lights and nativity scenes. 
Cinque Teerre = 5 lands
It's made up of 5 villages: Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Cornelia, Manaroloa, and Riomagggiore. While Vernazza is probably the most well known town (that view!), I think that you can't visit one without seeing the others. The villages are small enough that you can easily do them all in a single day, especially if you go by train that passes through each of the towns.

has anyone else seen these stamps that you can track? 
Was a definite first for me, but perfect for sending postcards back to the States 

hillside views of vineyards 
climbing through cute alleyways throughout the villages 
 and stocking up on all the pasta that I could possibly fit in my suitcase
 isn't my little sister too cute? 
 even in though it was Winter, can never pass up a gelato on the beach 
and ending the day with a perfect sunset! 
Gelatos, cobblestoned streets, and an old school flare. 
Cinque Terre was the right place to start to our European Adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment