Friday, August 11, 2017

a year away, a year back

 I wasn't planning to post anything today, but then I realized that I had too because today is one of those milestone days that shouldn't be overlooked. What's so special about today you ask? 
Well, for one, I just completed my first official semester of treating patients! From managing all of the different and interesting patient personalities to honing my clinical skills to giving myself pep talks, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. Another milestone moment, as you may have so astutely gathered from the title of this post is that I've officially been back for a year today after having taken a year off. I can't even describe how incredibly nervous I've felt about jumping back into things after having been away. I was worried about whether I could keep up after all the things that had been forgotten and lost during my time off. And the negative stigma of shame and guilt from having taken time off. It was a struggle. But today, none of it matters. And while that time in my life is not forgotten, it's allowing me to revel in this victory of making it to this point even more. So tonight I'll be celebrating all these milestone moments (after finishing up some patient notes & lab work :) and tomorrow I'm packing up and shipping off for a week of self-care over the term break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment