Friday, November 10, 2017

fall friday favorites: 11.10.17

It's Friday and I couldn't be more grateful because it's been a rough few days in dental school lately. Thankfully, there has also been lots of good moments to hold onto in between and I'm thankful to share them now. 
Mostly I've been thankful for the sudden change in the weather. It actually feels like fall this year, which is rare for most parts of the South. So for a little insurance, we took an autumn road trip along the blue ridge parkway hiking and camping though the great smokies along our way. The memories of the mountains are really what's pushing me though and helping me to keep my sanity. Because between getting sick and now having to play catch up in dental school, I'm just trying to hold on until Thanksgiving. 
With every thing I need to catch up  on, I'm still planning to take some time this weekend to engage in a few volunteer activities. I'm hoping it changes my mood because helping others always helps me feel a sense of purpose. In the meantime, I'm totally considering buying these booties even though they are pretty much the most impractical thing ever. Sometimes, you just got to have a little fun. happy friday all. 

2 comments: