Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Work-It-Out Wednesday

It has been a little while since I have done one of these. Being sick (boo sinus infection) made it impossible to exercise consistently so I didn't bother to report my workouts. I am planning to change up the format of these a little bit because I don't want it to become to static. Therefore, while I will still be reporting my workouts most weeks I also want to incorporate other aspects of what I'm doing to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'd like to start by sharing one of my favorite easy to make healthy recipes.


I love hispanic cuisine, but a lot of it goes straight to my thighs. I found this hungry girl recipe and with less than 400 calories, it is a much healthier version of taco night. I could't believe how amazing it tasted too and it takes me less than 20 minutes to make. I did modify the recipe a bit to make several servings at once and used a pound of ground turkey, 15oz of canned black beans, and 12oz of sweet corn. I also swapped out the sour cream for a bit of cheese. If you do decide on the sour cream, substitute it with plain nonfat greek yogurt instead. It is a much healthier alternative.

Workouts 

Wednesday
 1.5 mile jog

Friday 
2 mile inclined walk 
2 miles stair master
1 mile jog 

Monday
Jogged 2 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment