Friday, May 9, 2014

10 Under $10

So it occurred to me that the last time I did a beauty post/haul, I mainly discussed higher end products. That is not to say that I don't use less expensive or drug store beauty brands. So here are 10 beauty products that I am currently loving and the best part...they are all under $10.


I actually find this primer a little greasy for everyday use, but that's the same reason why I like it. When my skin gets dried out, especially in the winter I add this into my routine for an extra dose of moisture. 

EOS Lemon Drop Lip Balm SPF 15 $3.50 
My favorite lip balm, in part because of the unique shape of its packaging. I think that the egg shape makes it easier to apply the balm. Added bonus, the shape makes it harder to lose at the bottom of your purse or accidentally run through the wash in the pocket of your favorite jeans. These balms are extremely moisturizing, but they do leave a light film. I like this aspect, but some people may not. Finally, the flavors are spot on. Sometimes I find myself reapplying chap stick when I'm craving my favorite lemon cookies. 

I swear by this stuff and have been using it for years, the packaging has changed over time but the formula has remained the same. I also use the Neutrogena 2-in-1 fight and fade from the same line ($9). They reduce the size of blemishes dramatically within hours.

I own these in a few colors and find that the pigments work great for my skin tone.

L'oreal Double Extend Mascara $10
With a primer at one end and mascara on the other, and little to no clumping this is currently working well for me as a daily mascara. 

This is my go to facial cleanser and one that I recommend for anyone with sensitive skin. This one may tip the scale a little, depending on where you purchase it, but it's well worth it.

I just started using these to substitute my Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stains. I found them to be kind of drying, but these are the opposite. Not only does it moisturize, but it also provides long lasting color. One side of the applicator is the stain and the other is a gloss. It's the perfect hybrid with longer lasting color than a fast fading lipstick and less stickiness than an overhyped lipgloss. 

This normally comes in right under $5 and I find it comparable to other high end shine sprays that I have used. It's light weight and helps control frizz while it detangles. 

Essie is officially one of my favorite nail polish brands. They have the best application brush and a wide range of beautiful colors. My favorite and most recommended color Aruba Blue. Unlike some polishes, Essie has a gloss rather than a matte finish, which gives it a salon look. They are priced at around $8 at most places, but I've gotten them much cheaper. However, I do have to say they are more than worth the $8 price tag.   

 It was voted one of Allure's top picks which is why I decided to give it a try and I'm glad that I did. It does great with bold eyes and light touches. Extra bonus, I totally left the cap off for 4 hours and it didn't dry out. Jasmine Proof=Winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment