Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Greetings from Savannah

Husband and I just returned home from an impromptu road trip to Savannah, Georgia. I only have two weeks off from dental school the entire summer, and this week is one of them so we took complete advantage of the time. Since visiting Atlanta a few years ago, Georgia has held a special place in my heart and I have been dying to get back there. Only this time, I wanted to visit Savannah. I was so excited for this trip, but when we initially arrived I was actually kind of miserable. Our drive was much longer than expected and there was a torrential downpour with the threat of continued rains for the next few days. Also, I quickly realized that our haphazard packing had caused us to forget several things. Amongst them, were my contacts meaning that I would need to wear/carry my glasses around all day (annoying). Don't worry though, this story does have a happy ending. 



I made due without the things I'd forgotten and the rain actually served as a break from the Georgia heat. By the tail end of the trip, we were both really sad to leave. And while I normally don't like to repeat vacations, I'm looking forward to returning to Savannah again and again. For now, I'm just sharing an OOTD and a few pics from this wonderful place, but over the next few days, I will make more posts about this gorgeous city. 



What I'm Wearing? 
Dress: Target 
Bracelets: Gifted & BCBG
Watch: Fossil 


If you have never been to the South and especially Georgia, it's hot. Like average of 92 degrees hot, which is made much worse by the extreme humidity. I choose to wear this dress because the material is so breathable and I was comfy all day. Also, I think it's gorgeous. I literally cannot say enough good things about it. Who knew that an $8 Target dress would do so much for my wardrobe? If you have never checked out their summer dresses, I definitely recommend them, and currently with this you can get an extra 25% off dresses. Also, if you read this post, then you will be happy to know that these sandals passed the test. I actually had a pair of Rainbow flip flops in my bag just in case, but found that I didn't even need them.













No comments:

Post a Comment