Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Maxi Skirts & Pumps: Dressing up Casual Style

I have been living in this skirt non-stop from the moment I picked it up. It has been on this blog at least twice already in the past month, but it is just so comfy that I can't help wanting to wear it again and again. My only qualm with this skirt is that it's limited to weekend wear. Or is it? I've never thought of maxi skirts as anything other than summer casual, so it never occurred to me to try to style them another way. My dental school dress code is business casual, but we are definitely on the looser end of things. So I decided to see if I could pull off a maxi skirt. 

Linking up with the lovely Lindsey over at the pleated poppy for WIWW 



By wearing real heels instead of wedges or sandals, it immediately dressed up the ensemble. I chose to wear a nice blouse, although I think a good solid button-up would have worked just as well. Finally, I capped things off with a blazer in addition to some nice jewelry pieces to help me dress the skirt up. 
 




What I'm Wearing? 
Blouse: Express (similar)// Skirt: Target // Blazer: Talbots// Shoes: Tahari 
Schoolbag: Henri Bendel // Necklace & Earrings: J Crew Factory
Bracelet: Villa Savannah// Sunnies: Kenneth Cole// Nails: Essie //
Watch: Anthropologie 





No comments:

Post a Comment