Friday, July 4, 2014

Waterfalls

Happy Fourth of July! Hubby and I are on the road right now, on our way to spend the holiday with my parents. We just left my in-laws place so I thought I would share with you some of the time that we spent there. Yesterday, we all piled into the car and headed to Shenandoah National Park in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We decided to hike the Dark Hollow Falls Trail, which turned out to be 4.5 miles round trip. 



There was a good bit of thundering when we started out, but it wasn't really raining so we decided to push onward. It worked out perfectly for us because the overcast day allowed for a much cooler hike. The heavy rain held off until we were finishing up the trail. By that point, it was much welcomed because the last stretch was the steepest and the rain cooled us down after that workout. 



No comments:

Post a Comment