Monday, July 28, 2014

July Budget: A Month of Accessories



So because of my metal allergies, I am limited in purchasing fashion jewelry. J Crew is one place that I have found where my skin doesn't get irritated, but they can be a bit pricey. So when J Crew Factory had it's July sales, I couldn't resist.

J Crew Factory Flying Jewel Necklace 
 Original $49.50 on Sale for $24.99 with an extra 50% off $12.49

J Crew Factory Thorn & Crystal Necklace 

Original $36.50 on Sale for $10.19 

J Crew Factory Dotted Shapes Necklace 

Original $49.50 on Sale for $4.99 with an extra 50% off $2.49

J Crew Factory Fringed Fan Necklace 

Original $52.50 on Sale for $4.99 with an extra 50% off $2.49


J Crew Factory Classic Straw Hat
  Original $29.50 on Sale for $16.99 with an extra 50% off $8.49

J Crew Factory Short-Sleeve Jeweled Shirt 
 Original $79.50 on Sale for $44.99 with an extra 50% off $22.49

Victoria's Secret Ruched Halter Tankini 
  Original $48.50 on Sale for $24.99 and purchased with a gift card
This one isn't pictured in the collage, but you can see how I wore it here.

Kate Spade Branton Square Necklace 

  Original $98 on Sale for $64.90 and purchased with gift card
Update: I ended up changing my mind about this necklace. I really wanted to love it, but it wasn't as large as I wanted it to be seeing as it was supposed to be statement piece. Because I used a gift card, my bottom line isn't affected. 

Target Mossimo Cardigan
  Original $22.99 on Sale for $6.88
I love this cardigan (styled here), I'm even thinking about picking it up in this color.  

Target Xhilaration Bodycon Dress
   Original $24.99 on Sale for $12.48 with 25% off coupon $9.36
I'm so excited about this dress, hoping to debut it during my trip to California in a few weeks.

Target Mossimo Camel Perforated Belt
  Original $14.99 on Sale for $7.48 with 20% off coupon $5.98

I was doing really well on this month's budget. Couldn't believe that I was going to come in at under $100, but then I received a J Crew Factory FirstLook email. I knew I shouldn't open it (for my budget's sake), I should just send it right to trash. Thankfully, I'm terribly irresponsible because this vest was one of the options on sale. I have been looking for the J Crew Herringbone vest since it sold out about two years ago. I just assumed that I wouldn't get a chance to own one, but finally J Crew Factory has released a similar version. I guess these were in high demand, because even though they were a new item, they were marked final sale. Thankfully, the sizing worked out and I when I put this beauty on, I could care less about my budget. Hmm...I guess I shouldn't say that (but it's true). 

J Crew Factory Novelty Vest 
  Original $108 on Sale for $75 with an extra 20% off $60

Retail Total $614.47
After Sales Total $230.75 - $89.89 in Gift Cards = $140.86 July Total 


Year to Date Clothing Budget
$1650 (Year) - $171(Jan) - $0 (Feb) - $232(March) - $357(April) - $190(May)-$45 (June)-$140.86 (July) = $514.14 remaining for the year

And as usual linking up with Franish and the other budgeting bloggers

4 comments:

  1. You got some insanely good deals for those necklaces! woot, woot! I'm excited for you. btw I'm obsessed with that vest but I didn't order one :-( The more I think of all the adorable ways to style it, the more I think I should order one and take a chance on the sizing although it wouldn't be available until the fall. It's just one of those things that I wasn't planning on buying so I didn't pull the trigger when I saw it, but it's almost too good to pass up on. Either way you made some great purchases this month! I would give you an applause emoticon if there was one on the keyboard lol.

    Ele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Ele. I always look forward to reading your comments.

      Delete
  2. Those necklaces are so pretty! Serious question: I love that vest too but the sizing makes me nervous (if it's sausage casing, I won't wear it). How did you find the sizing in comparison to other clothes or other brands? Should I size up or down in comparison to their tees or old navy stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna Belle, I totally understand. With the vest being a final sale item I definitely took a risk in buying it. However, I knew that I could sale it if need be. I on the busty side so I would normally size up for button-ups, cardigans, and coats from J Crew Factory, but I bought my normal tee shirt size of a small. I think if I had sized up, it would have definitely been a sausage casing lol. So I would say stick with your regular size. With the small I have no problem zipping up the vest and I could easily wear a sweater underneath. Yet, it's not too bulky. As far as comparing it to Old Navy's sizing, my tee shirt size is normally a small there as well. I hope this helps you.

      Delete