Saturday, May 10, 2014

Foster the People

Remember when I said I intended to work my butt off during my summer semester? Well, I also intend to play just as hard  and a concert to see one of my favorite bands seemed like a good way to get things started. I had Friday off from school, which is a rarity so I decided to take full advantage of it. Husband snagged us amazing seats to see Foster the People as a early birthday present to me. The only thing left to do was to book a flight. Using our rewards points, my round trip flight was completely free. I was so excited because not only do I love Foster the People, but this was my first concert.

 

The concert was held at the Boston House of Blues. There was so much musical atmosphere in this iconic venue. Husband and I knew that the venue had a restaurant and arrived early to grab some beers before the show. When we got there we found out that eating at the restaurant guaranteed you early entry into the concert. We had floor seats so we knew that the sooner we got in the doors, the better our spots would be. Thus, we happily chowed down on burgers and sweet potato fries. When we were done we got into a separate line and entered almost immediately. 


 Band Tee: Exact // Skirt: Express Similar  // Jean Jacket: Old Navy Exact
Shoes: Vans Exact // Bracelet: Banana Republic// Purse: DKNY Similar

Aren't we adorable in our matching band tees?

The restaurant turned out to be a great decision as we ended up in an amazing location during the show. Aside from a cameraman here or there, we had completely unobstructed views. It was the perfect first concert and great way to kick off my summer. 

Set List 

Are you what you Want to Be? 

Ask Yourself 
"Is this the life you've been waiting for? 
Or are you hoping that you will be where you want with a little more" 

Life on the Nickel 

Waste 
"And every day that you want to waste, that you want to waste, you can
And every day that you want to wake up, want to wake, you can
And every day that you want to change, that you want to change, yeah
I'll help you see it through cause I just really want to be with you" 


Call it What you Want

Pseudologia Fantastica

Coming of Age 

Houdini via Acoustic
"I got shackles on, my words are tied
Fear can make you compromise 
With the lights turned on, it's hard to hide 
Sometimes I want to disappear" 

"Raise up to your ability" 


Broken Jaw 

The Truth 

A Beginner's Guide to Destroying the Moon 

Pumped Up Kicks 

Miss You


After, some chanting from the crowd, they came 
back out for an encore and played: 

Best Friend 

Helena Beat 

Don't Stop 


Ok I think that I'm all finished swooning over Foster the People and my amazing husband for getting me such a great birthday present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment