Monday, July 3, 2017

camping in the keys

We've been camping all over the country, but never on a beach. And I can't imagine a better place to have had our first experience with beach camping then in the Florida Keys. Even a resort hotel couldn't offer this beach front view! 
Snorkeling by day and sandy beach camping by night = PARADISE
This beach scene was one of my favorite moments of our entire Florida trip. I'm a morning person, so I was always up early enough to watch the sunrise while snuggling with husband in the tent. 
Being aroused from sleep by the sound of stone crabs scuttling outside our tent and this beautiful grey heron catching it's breakfast. 
morning walk along the beach 


 Not a bad place to enjoy your morning coffee and not a bad way to kick off the day. 

5 comments:

  1. my fiance and I were just talking about going beachfront camping. I know you said you were in the Keys, but where exactly was this? It's absolutely gorgeous :)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this was in long key, several of the state parks in the Florida offer beach front camping. I would definitely recommend checking it out.

      Delete
  2. This is AMAZING!! I've never been to a place where you can camp on the beach, but my husband and I would love this. What beautiful views and cool animals you saw!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We camp a ton, but camping on a beach for a first for us too. We're always looking for unique spots to camp.

      Delete
  3. This seems amazing! I want to go to the Keys very badly.
    Unfortunately, we had a bad camping experience (but I loved it) and my hubby will probably never go camping again. Lol. But I would love to camp on the beach.

    ReplyDelete