Tuesday, July 11, 2017

a week of wear: florida edition

I'm normally stuck in scrubs all day every day. While I kind of hate it, one thing it's taught me is that clothes are meant to have a function, not just be pretty. So with packing for our recent trip to Florida, I made sure to not only consider the cuteness factor, but also what would function best.
I literally packed based around what activities we were doing each day. And I was much happier with the outcome, so I thought it'd be fun to share a vacation edition of a week of wear
The Florida Keys 
Even though our trip was during late spring/early summer, it was still incredibly hot already. Our days in the keys were the hottest of the whole trip. So when it came to what to wear, I thought loose & lightweight. 
swing blouse: Anthropologie {old} // pom shorts // sunglasses // 
sandals // hat- souvenir from Mexico {similar}
I invested in a few of these bralettes for the trip that you'll notice in most of the outfits below. This was the best idea because they are so much more breathable than a true bra and it's not tacky if the straps show. Add in a swing shirt and lightweight shorts and I stayed pretty cool. 

The Everglades 
You definitely want to be light of foot when exploring in an area full of alligators and crocodiles and jaguars. And indeed, I did find myself having to dodge an alligator or two. When the day did warm up, I traded out my pants for these best shorts ever during our boat ride in Biscayne
spotted tee // pants-that I love & own in multiple colors // sunglasses //
 sneakers: Nike {old} // hat-souvenir from Mexico {similar 

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (post coming)
I actually have this romper in two different colors, it's been my go-to for warmer weather. It made for a pretty whimsical fun OOTD in HP World! 
romper // leather converse // handbag: DKNY {old} // sunglasses 

Lounge Days 
As you can see, I'm totally barefoot in the pic below, this was a total lounge day on the island of Dry Tortugas National Park. 

Beach Days 
We were on the beach almost everyday of our 8 day trip. We were pretty active in the water with multiple snorkeling trips. And since I'm on the bustier side, I'm really picky about choosing suits with a ton of support-as in nothing is going anywhere kind of support. After months of shopping, I was happy to find not one, but two really cute AND supportive swimsuits here and here

A Few Essentials 

We travel a lot, but this was the first trip in a long time where I wasn't thinking that I should have packed this or I wish I would have realized I needed that. This whole concept of function over form has not only curbed my spending on clothes, it's made me fall in love with my wardrobe all over again. And in this case, it's made me a better traveler too. 
linking up with thepleatedpoppy

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of keeping focused on what you need for a trip. I've been trying to be more mindful of that when going away. It looks like FL was a great time. I've always wanted to see the everglades. Those flamingo toms are so adorable! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete