Thursday, July 6, 2017

Boston Broadway :: WICKED!

Boston Broadway Belated Birthday
Say that 5X fast
One of the best parts about Tom being in Boston is that, well it's Boston. And being so close to New York-"the home of broadway", means that we've gone from never having seen a broadway show to having seen 4 together (The Lion King, The Book of Mormon, Chicago, Aladdin) and now lucky #5 with Wicked!

We're close enough that Broadway even comes to us every once in while. And if I have to be honest, I much prefer the Boston Opera House for it's charm and elegance to any of the cramped theaters we've been to in New York. So when Wicked decided to tour and visit Boston, we knew we had to see it. Because I think we can all agree that Wicked is one of the big ones right!?! The show opened right around my birthday, so this was my big gift this year. I will always happily trade in things for a unique experience like this. And since it was for my birthday, we splurged on Orchestra Row Seats!
 Dinner & a Show is a Classic for a Reason
Since we were seeing the best show, we had to match it with an exquisite dinner at our favorite restaurant. Ramen for the Win. 
totally random, but cutting through the Common on our way to opera house
is always one of my favorite things about heading to a show in Boston 
I will never grow tired of Broadway Shows, but this one tops my list of favorites. I love it most when things are over-the-top, but even I was taken aback by all the fanfare. The whole show, Tom and I kept whispering WOW into each others ears because that's the word that described everything best. The costumes, the sets, the special effects, and the singing--oh the singing, just WOW. Don't take my word for it though, it's earned 3 Tony awards. It's rare in this adult life that we can take a moment to escape and truly feel the magic again, but everything about this show does that.
 "everyone deserves to fly" 

linking up with thinkingoutloud

5 comments:

  1. That looks so fun! I'm hoping to see some Broadway shows out here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you definitely should, it's the best experience! And we're so lucky that Broadway visits Boston. I believe Wicked is in town through the end of July and there are a couple of Broadway shows coming through in the Fall too.

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to see Wicked! I'm sure it was amazing and what a great way to celebrate your birthday! Happy belated! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance too, it's definitely a completely different perspective on the Wizard of Oz.

      Delete
  3. I had an opportunity to chaperone my oldest daughter's chorus trip to see WICKED this spring! We LOVED it too! It also fell right around my birthday! What a great way to celebrate your birthday <3 =)

    ReplyDelete