Tuesday, January 2, 2018

my word for the year

Cheers to 2018!?
I’ve been having a little trouble getting into the swing of things with accepting this new year. I just want time to stand still while I hold tight to this year past because it was a good one for me. In fact, this video is proof of just how wonderful it was.
my word for the year
Instead of things feeling like a fresh start in 2018, it feels more like I’m embarking on the chore of creating a great year to match or rival 2017. And the thought of that is exhausting. Thankfully, I spent a bit of new year's day planning out the first half of the year and it really helped to turn things around. It got me thinking about what I really want to take away from this year. How do I want 2018 to feel? While, I’ve never chosen a single word to represent the year, it seems like the best way to focus in on a main goal instead of trying to accomplish so many resolutions---that I’ve forgotten or abandoned by mid-February. On that note, my word for 2018 is E-N-E-R-G-I-Z-E.
my word for the yearAnd it’s perfect because it involves every aspect of life. I want carry the spirit of a positive energy into my days in order to feel less overwhelmed, to stop procrastinating, and to really tackle challenges head on. I want to focus and follow-through. I want to put forth effort and energy into each task, especially the ones I'm not interested in taking on. And the more I thought about this, the more I realized that energize is the exact right word for me. What word would you use for your year?

No comments:

Post a Comment