Tuesday, December 11, 2018

snow day, study day

Hi there! 🙋🏾‍♀️ Just checking in to say that I'm still alive over here since its been a quick minute. When I said that this month would be a busy one, I didn't fully recognize the truth behind that statement. Mostly, I've been juggling between getting settled into my new away clinical rotation and studying for this beast. And today (and yesterday), I find that I have extra time to study...thanks to a snow day. So you can find me around town hauled up in the corners of various coffee shops and cafes...studying all the things. 
This past weekend, there was a winter storm warning for North Carolina-the current location of my clinical away rotation. Even still, I drove back home to Virginia for the weekend. Having been a Northerner for half my life, I find that the South tends to overact about snow. As in empty out the grocery stores, cancel school before the snow has even started to fall, and hunker down kind of panic all for 2 inches of snow that normally melts by early afternoon. This was not that scenario and I very very very much underestimated this snow storm. Sunday I woke up, checked the weather, and immediately panicked. I realized that if I didn't leave right away, I wouldn't be leaving at all. Well, I may talk a big game, but at the end of the day, I totally wussed out and turned the car around. The closer I got to my rotation location, the worse the weather got. And it just didn't seem worth risking my safety or my brand new car. But now I absolutely can't get back and have had to wait for the glacial pace at which the roads will be cleared. Not to mention that there are power outages too, so I'm not exactly in a hurry to deal with that. Tomorrow, I'm going to force myself to attempt the extra long drive back. Ok, my study break is over now. Time to get back to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment