Wednesday, June 6, 2018

girl scout dentistry merit badge

Last weekend I had the chance to volunteer with the Girl Scouts. Things have certainly changed a lot from when I was in a troupe, but it's still true to its mission of supporting and encouraging the growth of young women. 
I was so thrilled to learn that the Girl Scouts offer a dentistry badge and that I could be apart of the process. My dental school put together a session for the girls last Saturday with all different stations. Each station covered a different aspect of dentistry from oral hygiene to nutrition to cavities to letting the girls "play dentist". I got to be a group leader and stayed with the same group of girls all day, which was the best way to get to know all of their crazy personalities. I just had to a take a few quick moments to share and document this experience because I am just so thankful to have an opportunity to make an impact. And who knows. Maybe some of these girls will be apart of our next generation of female dentists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment