Thursday, April 10, 2014

Living on the Wild Side

At the last minute this morning, I decided to deviate from my planned outfit. We have a full day of lecture learning about psychiatric disorders so I thought that I might need something that would keep me cheerful. This is what I ended up with. Then I looked in the mirror and realized that I was wearing a lot of "animal" themed items. My shirt reminded me of zebra print, my shoes are leopard, and I'm wearing a huge giraffe bangle on my tiny wrist. Regardless, I decided that I liked it.. combined with this new crazy hairstyle (at least for me), I couldn't think of a better fitting title. 



What I'm Wearing? 
Shirt: Verve Ami Stripe Bandage Top 
Sweater: J Crew F. Claire Cardigan similar
Pants: Gap Skinny Mini Skimmer Khakis here
Shoes: Sam Edelman here
Bangle: Banana Republic similar
Sunnies: Old Navy 



I love this top! It's incredibly soft and the subtle layering pattern amps it up so that it's not just another striped shirt.  


This is definitely not the first or last time that you will see giraffes implemented into my wardrobe. They are my absolute favorite animal. Incredibly tall, yet they are so beautifully graceful. I'm a sucker for anything giraffe related.




Close up of the hair. I just have twists on the left side and the rest is all curled with flexi rods. Definitely out of my comfort zone. It's one of those things that I saw on a celebrity and then hated it on myself. In fact, when I left my hair salon yesterday I thought about washing it out but I'm glad that I didn't because  I fell in love with it this morning. Guess I just needed to sleep on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment