Thursday, October 16, 2014

An Impromptu Date Night

I'm still in Boston visiting with Tom for my Fall Break. And when he got home last night, he announced that he was taking me shopping. What a great husband! In the center of downtown Boston is a row of the most beautiful brownstones, but instead of housing people, they host some of the most beautiful things. 


Love the architectural features at the top of this Building! 

We only had time to stop in a few shops, so I picked my favorites...Lilly Pulitzer, Kate Spade, and the Mac Store. First up was Kate Spade! 



I'm loving these glitter wallets! Every single color is amazing. And how adorable is the back of this dress? It would be perfect for holiday parties. 




I didn't end up getting anything in Kate Spade because a little birdie told us that there would be an in store 30% off sale this weekend. I'm definitely going back for these earrings. And maybe this purse in red or gold. I haven't decided yet. 


Then it was off to Lilly Pulitzer! But first...

What I Wore? 
Shirt: J Crew Factory [similar]|| Pants: Lee [exact]|| 
Bow Flats: Adrienne Vittadini [exact]|| 
Ring: Thrifted|| Bracelet: Etsy [exact]|| 
Watch: Fossil [exact]|| Purse: Frye 

While I love shopping trips like this one, I am realistic about budgeting. So my Kate Spade-esque bow flats are actually from TJ Maxx while my BaubleBar bracelet dupe was scored on Etsy for a fraction of the cost of the real deal. 





At Lilly, my favorites were definitely this vest and this dress. I didn't leave with either because I wasn't a fan of the price tags, but these are definitely on my list for the New Year Cheer Sale in January. So this trip was mostly a lot of window shopping, but fun none the less. 



After shopping, we decided to have dinner at a local Mexican dive. We headed down this somewhat shady staircase and ended up at the cutest little restaurant. 





Hmmm, raspberry margarita! 


After dinner, we shared an ice cream. Seriously, the best unexpected date with the best husband ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment