Wednesday, October 1, 2014

One Year Anniversary Weekend Recap

Hello All, I thought I'd do a quick post on how hubby and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. Because of our school situations, we weren't sure if we would have the opportunity to spend the actual day together, but luck was on our side. Husband flew in on Saturday and we decided to stay in the city since he had to fly back to Boston on Sunday. We grabbed a quick lunch, enjoyed a relaxing couples massage, and did a little shopping. And that evening we headed out to dinner together. 

But before dinner, we decided to enjoy a glass of wine from our wedding. These DIYed wine bottles were apart of our wedding favors to our guests, but we made a few extras for us to enjoy on occasions like this! 


What I'm Wearing? 
Dress: Lilly Pulitzer|| Necklace: Banana Republic [exact]|| 
Handbag: J Crew Factory [exact in several colors]|| 
Shoes: Lilly Pulitzer [similar]


So happy to see this man and spend some time together celebrating our marriage. However brief our time was together, we enjoyed every second of it. 



After a phenomenal dinner, we planned to head to a jazz club, but being the old souls that we are, we never made it. I was so glad when we both stopped feigning our enthusiasm about it because I was exhausted. Grandma and Grandpa were in bed by 9pm....you'd never know that we were in our twenties. 


The next morning we decided to splurge on breakfast in bed while we opened gifts.


Our big present to each other was our second honeymoon to California, you know the one I've been flooding this blog with. But it was our first anniversary so we of course went overboard and decided to give additional gifts.


 The only rule was that there had to be a paper gift as we've decided to follow the traditional wedding anniversary gift giving. For my paper gift to husband, I wanted to do some sort of photo project. I came up with homemade photo coasters.I DIYed these using wedding photos, tiles, and sealer. I polished them off by tying them with ribbon leftover from our DIY wedding invitations and favors.  I also gave Tom another paper gift..tickets to a Broadway show, but more on that here.


 Husband is working as a teaching assistant this semester and will be leading review sessions and teaching a few classes. I thought that he should look nice (as if he could be any cuter), so I gave him this navy corduroy sports coat with elbow patches. Also, had to toss in a matching plaid shirt. I so worry about him being warm enough in Boston.  

I think he likes it!
Husband gave me this gorgeous leather satchel. I'm loving it and it's going to be in nonstop rotation this Fall. And for my paper gifts, Tom went with a succulent theme! Succulents were our wedding flowers and I am a little bit obsessed with them. I've already decided that we have to live in California at some point because succulents are everywhere there. 


I got succulent garden notes..anyone who knows me well knows I send little notes often so these were perfect. In fact, I used them as thank you cards to our loved ones that gave us anniversary gifts.


 I also received this paper succulent wreath kit!


Insert finished product!


I love crafts and am happy to have this beauty on display in my living room. Yay Paper Anniversary! Seriously, I can not get over how perfect this paper gift was. Tom did an amazing job! I'm such a lucky girl to have a guy that knows me so well.


 Husband also gave me a paper gift card to Anthropologie, which was used right away. He was such a good sport to take me shopping and he even picked out this dress for me. 
It's coral, my favorite color and has a lace detail on the back with the most adorable scalloping (I'm sure Tom has no idea what that is ha!) around the collar, sleeves, and hem. 


And who can go into Anthropologie without picking up some adorable trinkets so I grabbed a monogrammed mug with the initial of my new last name along with the most gorgeous giraffe jewelry tray. 
Of course, celebrating our love is not about the gifts, but they are a nice perk.


Before I dropped husband off at the airport, we enjoyed a feast of sushi and wine. It really was the perfect weekend together. Happy Anniversary Husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment