Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Five

I can't tell you how happy I am to see this week come to an end, it's kind of been pretty terrible for me. On Monday, I had to leave school early and head to the emergency room. I was in such excruciating pain that I couldn't walk or stand. I was poked and prodded all day before they made a diagnosis. Thankfully, it wasn't an appendicitis like they originally thought, but rather a ruptured ovarian cyst (sorry TMI?). I spent the next several days being miserable in bed. But even during a week like this, there are always good things to be found and to be grateful for. So here are my Friday Five.  

1. A Loving Support System 
I'm so thankful to have such a loving husband, who sent me flowers and a family that constantly checked on me. And to my faculty and close friends at school, thank you for your help and well wishes.  


2. Retail Therapy
Shopping makes everything better, it just does. So while I was in the hospital, I may have gone on a bit of a J Crew shopping spree. I'm totally blaming the morphine for this one, but I don't at all regret it. 


3. National Coffee Day: Monday was national coffee day and many of the big name retailers like Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts were giving away free coffees to celebrate...yes please.  



4. I'm also loving the fact that every recipe tastes better with a bit of this added into the mix. 



5. A Good Grade 
We got back some grades this week, and I am doing much better in a course that I had originally been struggling in. Thank goodness! 

So in my week of darkness, there was definitely plenty of light. I hope that you all had a great week and have an even better weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment