Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Air Balloons & Champagne in NAPA

we started out our week long adventure in California in the best way possible...
with an air balloon ride in NAPA!
Because Cali is such a big place to explore, we had originally planned on skipping Napa this time around, but I'm so glad that we didn't.
In order to make the most out of our day, we decided to squeeze Napa in as a quick stopping point and were only there for a few hours. 
Here's the best way to see Napa in 3 hours! 
Husband wasn't so sure about waking up at 5AM during vacation, but I think a sunrise air balloon ride is worth it. I've always wanted to do an air balloon ride and Napa is regularly ranked as one of the best places in the world to do so. Plus, there was a champagne brunch after! And y'all know how much I love brunch so yea count me in!
Watching them set up the balloons. 
They literally propel fire into the balloon while pushing it to get it to stand up.
I officially adore Air Balloons!
getting ready to take off
no big deal...just ascending a few thousand feet in a wicker basket 
but oh was it worth it...

Sunrise is my favorite time of the day and I'm pretty much always up in time to see it, but this is the best sunrise that I've ever seen...made even more special by the fact that I got to share it with my husband 
Up Up and Away at 4300 feet!
loving this incredible man and this amazing experience we got to share together 
colorful balloons dotting the sky majestic wine country down below=
the perfect way to start the day
I would have been sad to see it all come to an end except crash landing the basket into the ground was pretty exciting and then they had to take the balloon down. it reminded me of that parachute game that I used to play as a kid...where everyone throws up the chute and runs under... 
seriously so fun
Husband managed to capture my joy in this moment so perfectly
I felt like a kid again
after the fun of air ballooning was over, it was time for brunch...and because you can't be in wine country without indulging, there were bottomless mimosas 
YES PLEASE! 
I'm pretty much obsessed with champagne at brunch. Bring on the mimosas! 
We loved our time Napa, even if it was short. We were on the road by 9AM onto our next destination for the day (Sacramento and Lake Tahoe)...but I will never forget this experience of a lifetime
not only was it the best way to start a day, but it was the best way to start our trip
linking up with bonnie rose for traveltuesday

9 comments:

  1. Michael's dad mentioned that maybe Michael and I and both of his parents should go to Napa for a weekend as their wedding present to us. I would love that! Hot air balloons in the sky are just pretty. I'm afraid of heights but I still SO want to ride in one some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you guys would love Napa and it would be really romantic for the two of you. I'm not afraid of heights but I bet an air balloon ride would be a good way to help you overcome that fear bc it's slow and you just kind of glide upwards without realizing it. It's pretty amazing. Don't keep waiting for some day to come, just do it

      Delete
  2. This looks like such an amazing trip! I would love to do something like this! The brunch looks delicious and all the colors and the beautiful sky makes for some gorgeous pictures! Maybe I can get J to ride the zoo balloon with me haha! Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha we totally missed out on the zoo balloon last time we were there, which is probably a good thing bc I actually think that I would be nervous about it...lol

      Delete
  3. Your photos look amazing! I really want to go in a hot air balloon one day :)
    #TravelTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do this so badly, but I am way too scared! Your pictures are stunning though! Sadly, I think I would be having a meltdown for the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most romantic date I've ever seen. You guys looks unbelievably happy! Can't wait to do this someday with my husband too! #TravelTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such an amazing thing to do!! I would love to do that myself but I'm kinda afraid of heights :D

    ReplyDelete