Friday, February 19, 2016

Five on Friday

It's been too long since I shared a Friday Five so here goes!

one…a new area rug. There are hardwood floors throughout the apartment so we have area rugs to make things cozy. The rug in front of the coat closet had taken it's last breath. The poor thing was a resting ground for boots covered in salt and snow. It's where we laid our skis out to dry and PJ used it as a scratching post for his back. We replaced it with this colorful beauty.
The rug is actually a two for one because I'm thrilled about the $$ we saved on it. We had planned on spending $50 for a very basic 4X6 rug, but I found this on clearance for only $30. Definitely didn't expect to find something this large that we would love this much. Plus, I'm always happy to save money. I know what you're thinking…it's just 20 bucks! But I always think of money in terms of travel and $20 buys a museum ticket or ferry rides to my favorite place on Earth.

two...birthday planning! Tom's birthday is on Monday. He is pretty nonchalant about it. Meanwhile, I'm bursting with excitement. Tom reads my blog avidly so I can't share any details yet or I'll ruin the surprise. But let's just say that I'm especially excited to give him his gifts this year.

three…beer bottle caps. This one needs an explanation. Whenever Husband tries a new craft beer, he saves the bottle cap. It's a pretty cool idea, except for the fact that there are beer bottle caps everywhere. I find them in his pockets when I'm doing laundry. There are little clusters of them on his desk, in the kitchen drawers, and on the bookcases. It was like being in a frat house.
I found this glass container to store them all. Tom thinks it looks like a beer bottle so he loves it. And I love it because, all 208 of his beer bottle caps have a single place to call home, with plenty of space for more.


four…Bark Box. When I shared what we gave for Christmas, I totally spaced and forgot to include the fur babies in our life. With the holiday deals, we grabbed up a subscription to BarkBox for PJ. If you don't know, it's a monthly theme box sent with gourmet treats and toys for your pup. We are a little bit obsessed with this month's Chinese New Year theme. 
 The fortune on this cookie squeaker toy reads "I see more BarkBoxes in your future". too cute 

five…rainy runs
I hate running on a treadmill, but the back to back snow storms and below freezing temps have made running outside miserable. This week, snow was replaced with a light rain. When my drizzle turned into a downpour, I didn't even mind that I had to cut my run short because {I was getting soaked} anything is better than running in the snow.  

Happy Weekend!

Linking up with oh hey friday//

11 comments:

  1. LOVE those running pants and shoes! Have a great weekend xx!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks christina. cute work out clothes are like my only motivation right now

      Delete
  2. 208 bottle caps?! That's quite the collection! I really like the design of the container. I used to have the same problem, but with wine corks, particularly from special occasions because I would write the date or occasion right on it. I recently purchased a shadowbox frame from Michael's to store them in, along with ticket stubs/etc. and gifted it for Valentine's Day. I need a few area rugs as soon as I'm off my spending freeze. Love the colors on yours. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea the bottle caps were everywhere. I love that you put the wine corks and stubs in the shadow box. that's such a sentimental gift

      Delete
  3. That bottle is going to look so cool as it fills up with bottle caps! I am loving those Chinese New Year dog toys! I also love your leggings and running shoes! Yay for saving money!! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those sneakers! And I was going to suggest you do something cool like that with the bottle caps then I scrolled down and saw you already did. Good thinking! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally wasn't even thinking about it, I just wanted them cleaned up. It seems to be an added bonus that it looks cool…at the very least Tom is incentivized to put them in the jar

      Delete
  5. Gotta love as good sale!! And I love your husbands bottle cap idea! And that bottle you bought to save them in is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We save all our bottle caps also! my husband actually glued them on a table individually (the table top) then we put a protective something on top of it and its now one of the side tables we have in our basement! its all different bottle caps too of different beers! so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea Jenn. Definitely something to consider once the current container fills up. Affixing them to a table is a great way for them to all be on display as well

      Delete
  7. Love the idea of storing those bottle caps in that glass jar. Makes them look so nice! & my pup gets barkbox too and I loved the Chinese New Year themed box this month. Benny got a chinese food carry-out plush toy that he can open and take three little squeaky "dumplings" out. It's the cutest! But that fortune cookie is really cute too. They do such a great job every month.

    ReplyDelete