Monday, June 12, 2017

memorial day in the mountains

This past memorial day weekend was made perfect by the fact that I got to spend it with my little sister; just the two of us. It was a waterfall chasing, s'mores making, bear encountering, mountain zip-lining, hiking, camping kind of weekend.
pisgah national forest Asheville
We headed to Asheville, which is a true gem of a mountain town in North Carolina,  located right along the famous Blue Ridge Parkway. And since it's only a few hours from my parents home, it was the perfect place for us to head for the weekend. We split our time exploring Pisgah National Forest, Chimney Rock State Park, and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
pisgah national forest Asheville
It was actually Jada's first time camping and I blame that on me. We have more than a decade between our ages. When I was little, I complained every single moment of every single camping trip. I hated it! Ironically, it's now one of my favorite things to do and I can't get enough of it. But with Jada being even more girly than me, my parents pretty much assumed Jada would hate camping too and never took her. But she loved it and was a real trooper too because we camped through one of the worst storms I've ever encountered and had some pretty close calls with black bears right outside of our tent every single night.

pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
 pisgah national forest Asheville pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
I'm glad that this girl is so brave and is pretty much up for everything. 
pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
pisgah national forest Asheville
This trip was the best, not just because of the experiences but the bonding. With my sister headed off to college in just over a year, I really want to make an effort to strengthen our relationship so she knows that she always has me. I'll share more from zip-lining experience on Wanderlust Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment