Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Antiques & Tomboy Chic

So I am currently on my Spring Break which is why you haven't heard from me in a few days. I've just been taking it easy and while many of my schoolmates went off to warmer climates like Florida or the Caribbean I went the opposite direction to Boston. The high will be in the 30s all week and there is snow on the ground (you all know how much I hate the cold), but it's all worth it to spend a week with my husband. I had an early flight here and knew that we would be doing a bit of walking so I decided to dress comfy. I used to be a complete tomboy and every once in a while I like to go back to that but with a girly spin to it.


Shirt: Old Navy Chambry
Pants: Virgoss Skinny Jeans
Shoes: Vans Canvas

Fossil Watch
Dooney & Bourke Giraffe Tulip Shopper

We went to an antique market in Cambridge (here) with five floors of wonderful goodness. I pretty much love all things vintage so I was really looking forward to this. It was set up in a booth format where you purchase the items through the store, which is connected to the individual vendors. Uniquely this place had an entire bike shop but we were a bit disappointed with the furniture selection. Not that we are in the market for any furniture, but its always wonderful to see the beautiful wooden antique pieces. Maybe our own home will be filled with some one day.

Scarf: Gift
Coat: Gap Twill Fleece Lined Parka in Navy 

What they did have was a good selection of teacups and saucers. I adore china teacups and have accumulated a little collection of them. We found a beautiful vintage Prince Albert teacup and saucer in mint condition as well as a Royal Sealy teacup. No saucer to match but it was unique & priced well so I scoped it up. The biggest find was the silver tea service pictured above. They had multiple vendors featuring these, but this one was my favorite. It was in great condition with an intricate floral pattern on the face and beading around the lids. The teapots are a set but the tray wasn't so I grabbed a bigger more detailed tray instead of the one pictured. The benefit of the booth vendors was that we were able to negotiate a better price. Unfortunately, I can't fit this into my luggage home so I will not get to have access to it until husband drives to me in the summer, but I think that it is so very much worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment