Monday, August 25, 2014

Earthquakes in Northern California

It feels a bit bittersweet starting off my California recaps talking about this, but it would feel even more wrong not to acknowledge what has happened there. As many of you may know, the hubby and I decided to celebrate our one year anniversary a little early with a second honeymoon to California. It was a wonderful experience, but just a few hours after we left Napa and San Francisco, an earthquake struck. 


The epicenter of the quake was around Napa and spread outwards towards San Francisco. At a 6.1 magnitude, many were injured and some are in critical condition. Much structural damage was caused and thousands of people loss power. I can't imagine the struggle that these people are going through and although we were only there for a short time, I feel deeply for those involved. In California, we were welcomed as locals by Richardo at the cafe, by Nichole and Scott-our camping neighbors who shared croissants, by Pam with whom we dined with for lunch, and by many many more. They welcomed us into their homes and I welcomed them into my heart. Talking about the earthquake on this little blog of mine is my way of expressing that and saying that I care. As always, thanks for listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment